Burr Ridge, Ill. (November 1st, 2017)—The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) announced today it is seeking candidates to fill three available positions on its Certification Board. The organization seeks two (2) Practitioner Members and one (1) Public Member. Candidates must submit a completed application by Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 5:00pm CT.
Certificants will elect two Practitioner members and one Public Member to the Certification Board in February 2018. One Practitioner position is a two (2) year term, and one is a three (3) year term; the term of the Public Member is two (2) years. All terms begin with the Board’s annual meeting in March 2018.
Practitioner Member candidates must:
- Be currently NCBTMB Board Certified and maintain the certification throughout the term
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in therapeutic massage and/or bodywork
Public Member candidates may not:
- Be a Certificant holding the Board Certification credential
- Be a practitioner of therapeutic massage and/or bodywork within three (3) years of election
- Have any material financial interest in the field of therapeutic massage and/or bodywork
All candidates must:
- Agree to abide by NCBTMB’s Conflict of Interest Policy and Code of Conduct for Volunteers
- Not hold a national level of office in another competing massage/bodywork professional or trade organization
- Commit to the time and travel necessary to be a fully participating member of the Board, including attendance at meetings and serving as a liaison to committees
For more information, or to download an application, please visit www.ncbtmb.org.
Completed applications must be received by Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 5:00pm CT. Applications must be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 866-402-1890, Attn: Elections.
The NCBTMB Certification Board is responsible for all aspects of Board Certification, including developing certification criteria and examinations, evaluating candidates for certification, and maintaining the integrity of the certification process. The Certification Board ensures that NCBTMB maintains its status as an accredited certifying body within the massage therapy profession.
The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) is an independent, private, nonprofit organization founded in 1992. The mission of NCBTMB is to define and advance the highest standards in the massage therapy and bodywork profession. In support of this mission, NCBTMB serves the profession through Board Certification, Specialty Certificates, an Approved Provider Program, and an Assigned School Program. For more information, visit www.ncbtmb.org.