A Specialty Certificate symbolizes advanced education and training in a particular modality or when working with a specific population—requirements both massage therapy leaders and healthcare organizations agree are necessary to:
- Further elevate the standards of massage therapy
- Further massage therapy’s role in integrative healthcare
- Provide therapists access to high-quality, advanced programs for specific modalities and populations
- Ensure patients receive the best possible care
The creation of NCBTMB’s Specialty Certificate Program furthers its mission of defining and advancing standards by creating yet another career pathway for massage therapists. By partnering with major healthcare organizations and academic programs across the country, Specialty Certificates empower current and future massage therapists with the top-notch education and experience necessary to succeed in various environments or when working with specific populations. NCBTMB’s Specialty Certificate Program provides the credentials to prove such training, as well as continues to tier the profession—an evolution NCBTMB is proud to be a part of with Board Certification, and now with Specialty Certificates.
To register for a NCBTMB Specialty Certificate Exam, you must:
- Create an account on exam.ncbtmb.org
- Click “Register” from the homepage (top left)
- Fill out required personal information
- Click Submit
- Click “Apply”
- Select the program of interest
- Complete the application in its entirety
- Submit payment & application
- Take your exam online within 30 days of approval
You have 30 days from the date of approval to complete your Specialty Certificate Exam online.
Yes, an outline for the Reflexology Specialty Certificate Exam outline is available here.