The Board Certification exam contains 140 questions and you will have 140 minutes to complete the exam. Content found on this exam embraces application of technique and is assessment based—simulating real-life scenarios you will more than likely encounter as a certified massage therapist.
The Board Certification Exam is built around the below main categories:
- Assessment (25%)
- Applied Science, including Anatomy, Physiology, Kinesiology, Pathology/Injury, and Pharmacology (25%)
- Massage Modalities, Techniques, and Manual Forces (20%)
- Professional Communication (15%)
- Professionalism and Ethics (10%)
- Laws and Business Practices (5%)
To download the full BCETMB breakdown, click here.