Once you become Board Certified, you will be required to renew your Board Certification every two-years.
To renew your Board Certification, you must meet the following requirements:
- Complete 24 CEs from NCBTMB Approved Providers within a two-year period, including:
- 3 hours in Ethics
- Note: No more than 4 hours will be accepted in Self-Care (Self-Care is not a requirement)
- NCBTMB approved scientific, anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, and business courses are also acceptable (read more)
- Pass a criminal background check (performed by NCBTMB)
- Agree to uphold NCBTMB’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
All 24 CEs must be completed within your two-year renewal period; you may NOT carry over or apply past CEs to meet this requirement.
Please Note: NCBTMB Approved Provider courses submitted for Board Renewal must be pre-approved. To check the approval status of an AP course for Board Renewal purposes, utilize the “Find An Approved CE Provider” app. If a course is approved, it will be listed within the app under the appropriate AP number/name. If the course is not listed, please contact us at email@example.com or check with the AP for clarification prior to submitting the course for Board Renewal.
The cost to renew your Board Certification is $85 every two years, plus a $25 background check fee (performed by NCBTMB).