To become Board Certified, you must meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Graduation from a NCBTMB Assigned School*
- Passing score on the Board Certification Exam
- Pass a criminal background check
- Verification of current massage therapy state license
- Agree to uphold NCBTMB’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
The cost to apply for Board Certification is $250, plus a $25 background check fee (performed by NCBTMB).
*If you did not graduate from a NCBTMB Assigned School, your school is now closed, or you completed international training, you may instead apply for Board Certification via Portfolio Review. Download the Portfolio Review Handbook here.
**If submitting a transcript with transfer credits, the original transcript where credits were transferred from must be submitted as well.