Registration, Cancellation, and Refund Policies: All Approved Providers are required to have written policies regarding the registration, cancellation, and refund of courses. The policy should be accessible, easy to understand and include:
- How participants register
- Deadlines for registration
- Payment and fee information
- Cancellation policy
- Refund policy
Course Material policy: When additional course material is required to teach a course in the form of handouts or books that are written by other authors, the material must be properly cited and books must be purchased for each student attending the course. It is the responsibility of the Approved Provider to follow all copyright laws.
Educational facility policies: Facilities where courses are held must be clean andhave access to bathrooms. In addition, classrooms for each course must have sufficient space for all attendees, class materials (i.e. massage tables) and other equipment.
Maintaining Records: NCBTMB requires that all certificates, class rosters and student attendance records be kept for six (6) years Records must be kept in a secure environment, whether electronic or paper copy. The Approved Provider must be able to supply any person who has taken a course with additional certificates or transcripts within six (6) years of completing the course.
Promotional Policy: All promotional materials must include the following information:
- Clearly identify which course offering(s) will be accepted by NCBTMB as continuing education
- Date(s), time(s) and location(s) of course offering(s)
- Cost of the course offering(s)
- The number of CE hours for course offering(s)
- Prerequisites (if applicable)
- Name of the person teaching the course(s)
- If the Approved Provider is an organization, the name of the organization and the instructor that will be teaching the course must be listed