Burr Ridge, Ill. (August 22, 2017)—During the May 2017 Coalition Meeting in Indianapolis, it came to the attention of leaders at NCBTMB and FSMTB that our profession needed a resource to better identify and connect with the volunteer-based organizations serving us. In the spirit of collaboration, the leaders of the NCBTMB and FSMTB Board agreed to join forces to write an article outlining the mission of all volunteer-based organizations and how they work to serve our community.
The goals of this article are as follows:
1. To list all volunteer-based organizations within the massage therapy and bodywork profession,
2. To state the mission of each volunteer-based organization,
3. To identify how each organization works to serve the massage therapy and bodywork community,
4. To summarize the importance of volunteers to each organization, and
5. To provide additional information on how to get involved with each organization
In preparation of this article, each participating organization graciously provided a simple breakdown of its name, mission, the importance of volunteers, and resources for additional information. The following represent such a collaborative effort. Click here for the full article.