Are you ready to become a leader?
NCBTMB is seeking two (2) Board Certified Practitioner Members to join its elite Certification Board.
This year, the NCBTMB Certification Board is seeking to fill two (2) Board Certified Practitioner Member positions. As an active member of the Board, you will join an elite group of proven leaders working to further define and advance the highest standards in the massage therapy and bodywork profession. Applications available until September 15, 2018 at 5:00pm CST.
To be considered for a NCBTMB Board of Directors Practitioner Member position, you must:
- Be NCBTMB Board Certified for a minimum of five (5) years
- Maintain your NCBTMB Board Certification throughout your term
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in the massage profession
- Provide indication of previous volunteer position(s)
- Have a minimum of three (3) years’ management or leadership experience
- Provide at least three (3) and up to five (5) letters of recommendation
- Agree to abide by NCBTMB's Conflict of Interest Policy and Code of Conduct for Volunteers
- Not hold a national level position in another massage/bodywork professional or trade organization
- Commit to the time and travel necessary to be a fully participating member of the Board, including attendance at meetings and serving as a liaison to committees
- Provide a video of up to 90 seconds describing what Board Certification means to you
- Review an educational article on the position responsibilities, duties, and expectations
- Participate in a 30-minute teleconference interview with the NCBTMB’s Slate Selection Commission (SSC)
What will you do? The Certification Board is responsible for all aspects of Board Certification, including developing certification criteria and examinations, evaluating candidates for certification, and maintaining the integrity of the certification process. The Certification Board ensures that NCBTMB maintains its status as an accredited certifying body within the massage therapy profession.
As a highly engaged member, you will be required to participate in monthly Board meetings, up to three of which may be in person (expenses covered by NCBTMB).
How much time is required? Certificants will elect two (2) Board Certified Practitioner members to the Certification Board in early 2019. One Practitioner position is a two (2) year term, and one is a three (3) year term. All terms begin with the Board’s annual meeting in March 2019. The estimated monthly contribution is between 5-7 hours.
Interested in applying? Please complete the Candidate Application by clicking the “Submit Application” button below. Complete and submit your application online by 09/15/2018 at 5:00pm CST.
Interviews will be conducted via conference call the week of October 8th.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Click "Download Application Packet" below to review the 2019 Certification Board Member Application Packet and Eligibility Requirements.
This includes a formal Position Description, as well as important agreements and conditions for participation. You must acknowledge receipt of this document on your application in order to be eligible for application review.