NCBTMB is seeking one Practitioner and one Public Member to join its elite Certification Board in March 2023.
The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) has one available Practitioner Member and one Public Member position available on its Certification Board beginning March 1, 2023. As an active member of the Board, you will join an elite group of proven leaders working to further define and advance the highest standards in the massage therapy and bodywork profession. Eligible certificants will be asked to elect candidates to the Certification Board in late 2022.
The application window is now open and closes on August 31, 2022, at 5:00pm CT.
To be considered for an NCBTMB Certification Board Practitioner Member position, you must:
- Be NCBTMB Board Certified for a minimum of three years prior to March 1, 2023
- Maintain your NCBTMB Board Certification throughout your 3 year term
- Have a minimum of five years’ experience in the massage profession
- Provide indication of previous volunteer position(s)
- Have a minimum of three years’ management or leadership experience
To be considered for an NCBTMB Certification Board Public Member position, you must:
- Not be practitioner of therapeutic massage and/or bodywork within three years of election
- Not have any material financial interests in the field of therapeutic massage and/or bodywork
In addition to the above, candidates must:
- Agree to abide by NCBTMB's Conflict of Interest Policy and Code of Conduct for Volunteers
- Not hold a national level of office in another massage/bodywork professional or trade organization
- Commit to the time and travel necessary to be a fully participating member of the Board, including attendance at meetings and serving as a liaison to committees
- Provide three professional recommendation letters Note: a minimum of (1) letter must be from a current NCBTMB Board Certificant. Additionally, letters of recommendation from current Staff and/or Board of DIrectors of either the Member (AMTA) or NCBTMB are not allowed.
- Provide a video of up to 90 seconds describing why you want to become an NCBTMB Board Member
- Review an educational article on the position responsibilities, duties, and expectations
- Participate in a 30-minute teleconference interview with the NCBTMB’s Slate Selection Commission (SSC)
What will you do? The Certification Board is responsible for all aspects of Board Certification, including developing certification criteria and examinations, evaluating candidates for certification, and maintaining the integrity of the certification process. The Certification Board ensures that NCBTMB maintains its status as an accredited certifying body within the massage therapy profession.
As a highly engaged member, you will be required to participate in several Board meetings each year, up to three of which may be in person (expenses covered by NCBTMB).
How much time is required? The estimated time commitment is a minimum of 5-7 hours per month.
Interested in applying? submit your application online no later than 08/31/2022 at 5:00pm CT.
Interviews will be conducted via conference call in October 2022.
Questions? Email email@example.com.
Please Click "Download Application Packet" below to review the 2023 Certification Board Member Application Packet and Eligibility Requirements.
This includes a formal Position Description, as well as important agreements and conditions for participation. You must acknowledge receipt of this document on your application in order to be eligible for application review.