NCBTMB is seeking one (1) Practitioner Member to join its elite Certification Board.
In early 2021, the NCBTMB Certification Board will seek to fill one (1) Practitioner Member position. As an active member of the Board, you will join an elite group of proven leaders working to further define and advance the highest standards in the massage therapy and bodywork profession. The application window opens September 1, 2020, and closes on September 30, 2020, at 5:00pm CT.
To be considered for an NCBTMB Certification Board Practitioner Member position, you must:
- Be NCBTMB Board Certified for a minimum of three (3) consecutive years prior to March 1, 2021
- Maintain your NCBTMB Board Certification throughout your term (3 years)
- Provide indication of five (5) years’ experience in the massage profession
- Provide indication of previous volunteer position(s)
- Provide indication of three (3) years’ management or leadership experience
- Provide three (3) professional letters of recommendation
Note: A minimum of one (1) letter must be from a current NCBTMB Board Certificant. Additionally, letters of recommendation from current Staff and/or Board of Directors of either NCBTMB or AMTA are not allowed.
In addition to the above, candidates must:
- Agree to abide by NCBTMB's Conflict of Interest Policy, Code of Conduct, and Confidentiality and Nondisclosure Agreement for Volunteers
- Not hold a national level of office in another massage/bodywork professional or trade organization
- Commit to the time and travel necessary to be a fully participating member of the Board, including attendance at meetings and serving as a liaison to committees
- Provide a video of up to 90 seconds describing why you want to become an NCBTMB Board Member
- Participate in a 30-minute teleconference interview with the NCBTMB’s Slate Selection Commission (SSC)
What will you do? The Certification Board is responsible for all aspects of Board Certification, including developing certification criteria and examinations, evaluating candidates for certification, and maintaining the integrity of the certification process. The Certification Board ensures that NCBTMB maintains its status as an accredited certifying body within the massage therapy profession.
As a highly engaged member, you will be required to participate in monthly Board meetings, up to three (3) of which may be in person (expenses covered by NCBTMB).
How much time is required? Certificants will elect one (1) Practitioner Member to the Certification Board in early 2021 for a three (3) year term. All terms begin with the Board’s annual meeting in March 2021. The estimated monthly contribution is between 5-7 hours.
Interested in applying? Be ready to complete and submit your application online beginning 09/01/2020 and no later than 09/30/2020 at 5:00pm CT.
Interviews will be conducted via conference call in late October. The Committee will contact you with a specific date and time.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Click "Download Application Packet" below to review the 2021 Certification Board Member Application Packet and Eligibility Requirements.
This includes a formal Position Description, as well as important agreements and conditions for participation. You must acknowledge receipt of this document on your application in order to be eligible for application review.