NCBTMB is proud to partner with Harrisburg Area Community College of Pennsylvania to empower Board Certificants like you with over 30 college credits toward your Associate’s Degree in Health Science. Established in 1964, HACC is the largest and oldest of Pennsylvania's 14 community colleges—providing you with the prestigious reputation and educational expertise needed to advance your career with a degree program designed with you in mind.
As credentialed massage therapy professionals, this degree can expand your clinical role and provide a degree—which is often required for management positions.
To complete your Associate Degree in Health Science from HACC, you must:
- Connect with a HACC academic advisor.
- Fill out the required HACC application.
- Provide proof of your current Board Certification to receive 30 college credits toward your degree.
- Complete a minimum of 16 credits at HACC.
It’s that simple! In as little as a few weeks, you could be on your way to an advanced degree.
For any additional information on HACC, please click here.
Details on the degree
HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, awards current Board Certificants like you with 30 college credits toward the total 61 credits required to achieve this degree.
The Associate of Health Science is a degree completion program designed for actively credentialed or licensed health care professionals currently working in their fields. The entire degree requires 61 credits, 30 of which are awarded with proof of your current Board Certification and employment in the field. In addition, you must complete additional credits at HACC by taking general education/core courses and other coursework in the areas of Management and Marketing, Social Service, Gerontology or Information Technology. Students with transfer credits must take at least 16 credits at HACC.
For any additional information about HACC, please click here.
HACC does not discriminate in employment, student admissions, and student services on the basis of race, color, religion, age, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability, place of birth, General Education Development Certification (GED), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetic history/information or any other legally protected classification.
How to earn my degree online
HACC's Virtual Learning has been offering quality, convenient, and affordable online courses since 2004. Wherever you may be, you can be confident HACC provides the convenience of online courses (as well as 5 campus locations in Central Pennsylvania) to help you achieve your degree.
For more information on HACC Online Classes, please click here.
How to Apply to HACC
For more information on an Associate Degree in Health Science from HACC, please click here.
To apply at HACC:
- Visit www.hacc.edu and click “Apply Now” in the upper right corner of your screen.
- Fill out all required personal information.
- Select “Health Science” as the major when filling out your application.
- Save, review, and submit your application.
- Contact Vicki Gentzel (by email at email@example.com or by phone at 717-780-1992 to discuss next steps.
- Gather the necessary documents required for verification of NCBTMB Board Certification and employment. Both are required as part of the initial credit evaluation process.
Questions about the application process? Please click here.