Looking to advance your career? Board Certification is the highest voluntary credential attainable in the massage therapy and bodywork profession with a distinct level of achievement beyond entry-level licensure—including completing more education, hands-on experience, and a background check—that will give meaning to your career (and your clients!) with credentials that matter.
Simply stated, we believe in something more. That’s why we created the Board Certification credential for the profession. It is more than just another credential—it’s a lifelong commitment to raising the standards of our esteemed profession. Even more, Board Certification now aligns the massage therapy and bodywork profession with other allied health and medical professions, enhancing value and credibility to what we do best. In fact, many health care facilities and even some high-end spas now require Board Certification to apply for and achieve higher-level, rewarding positions.
Like thousands of other Board Certificants, if you’re looking to advance your career and be recognized beyond entry-level, then Board Certification is for you.
- Pass the BCETMB exam
- 750 hours of education*
- 250 hours of professional, hands-on experience
- Pass a criminal background check
- Agree to uphold NCBTMB’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Agree to oppose Human Trafficking
- $250 application & exam fee
- $25 background check fee
- Login to NCBTMB using your username and password
- Once eligible, “Schedule Exam” will appear on your login screen
- Click “Schedule Exam”
- View all available testing locations, dates, and times
- Schedule your exam