Take the Board Certification Exam
Congratulations on taking the next step to advancing your career with Board Certification! As the highest voluntary credential, your commitment to Board Certification further elevates our profession—and also works toward aligning massage therapy and bodywork with other allied health and medical professions.
If you were previously Nationally Certified, and within your expiration grace period, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-296-0664 to discuss your options. National Certification officially expired as of December 31st, 2016.
Requirements for Board Certification:
- Passing score on the Board Certification (BCETMB) Exam
- 750-hours of total education (includes massage therapy training, any CE, and accredited college/university courses)
- 250-hours of professional, hands-on experience
- Pass a criminal background check (performed by NCBTMB)
- Agree to uphold NCBTMB’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Agree to oppose Human Trafficking
Costs to apply for Board Certification:
- $250 application and exam fee
- $25 criminal background check fee (performed by NCBTMB)
How to apply online:
- Login to the NCBTMB website with your username and password
- If this is your first time taking an NCBTMB exam, please create an account by clicking "Register" at the top of the NCBTMB homepage
- If you do not remember your username and password, please email email@example.com
Once you are eligible to schedule your exam, you will be able to search all available testing locations to conveniently schedule your exam within your eligibility period. Once logged in to your NCBTMB account, click “Schedule Exam.” Here, you will be redirected to Pearson Vue, our computer-based examination partner, where you can search locations, view dates and times available, and schedule your exam.