Specialty Certificate in Spa Management
NCBTMB is proud to partner with the American College of Healthcare Sciences to empower new and veteran massage therapists with the opportunity to achieve a Professional Certificate in Holistic Spa Management—an exclusive professional certificate available to therapists who complete the ACHS Certificate in Holistic Spa Management and successfully pass the NCBTMB application process and exam.
This 9 semester credit program offers students the opportunity to gain the skills and certification for a management career in the spa industry through a comprehensive, online program in as little as 15 weeks. This program will empower you to gain a more comprehensive understanding of spa management in a short time frame and further your career in the spa industry.
The Specialty Program has two key components:
- Successfully complete all ACHS Holistic Spa Management courses (5 total = 9 semester credits)
- Pass the NCBTMB Specialty Exam (available online)
The 5 ACHS courses to further your career in spa management:
- SPA 120 A Comprehensive Introduction to Spa Management, 2 semester credits
- AROMA 103 Introduction to Aromatherapy for Spa Managers, 1 semester credit
- SPA 220 Retail Management for Spas, 2 semester credits
- SPA 250 Supervision in the Hospitality Industry, 2 semester credits
- SPA 367 Financial Management for Spas, 2 semester credits
Benefits of the Holistic Spa Management Professional Certificate:
To successfully complete the program, students must first pass SPA 120 A Comprehensive Introduction to Spa Management, which is a prerequisite to the sequential courses SPA 220, SPA 250, and SPA 367—all of which are required to complete the ACHS Certificate in Holistic Spa Management. Typically, SPA 120 and AROMA 103 are taken at the same time, followed by SPA 220, SPA 250, and SPA 367.
“Our collaborative Specialty Certificate Program in Spa Management is a new and exciting career pathway for massage therapists currently working in, or looking to pursue a career in, the spa industry. By achieving this Specialty Certificate, therapists are empowered with an industry-recognized credential to separate themselves from the rest with proof of advanced education and training in this fast-paced, rewarding sector,” explains Donna Sarvello, VP of Educational Support, NCBTMB. “We are thrilled to be partnering with ACHS to make this opportunity available to all massage therapists, spa managers, and spa owners with an interest in furthering their success and continuing to tier our esteemed profession.”
To learn more about the ACHS Holistic Spa Management Program, click here.
To apply for the NCBTMB Specialty Exam, click here.
Specialty Certificate Qualifications
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Current Massage Therapy License to Practice
- Acceptance into ACHS’s Holistic Spa Management Certificate Program
- Proof of Completion of ACHS’s Holistic Spa Management Certificate Program
- Passing Score on the NCBTMB Specialty Exam
Costs for Specialty Certificate
- $2,579 ACHS Online Courses
- $95 NCBTMB Specialty Exam Fee
Schedule Your Specialty Exam
- Visit exam.ncbtmb.org
- Create an account
- Submit your application of interest
- Take your Specialty Exam within 30 days of approval (online)