Renew Your Board Certification
Thank you for your ongoing commitment and dedication to the massage therapy profession and to Board Certification. Many fields throughout the medical profession recognize Board Certification—and massage therapy is no different.
Board Certification was created for therapists who want to be more than entry-level—and have the credentials to prove it. As massage therapy becomes of greater importance and value to other professions, especially healthcare, it’s never been a better time to stand out from the crowd.
If you were previously Nationally Certified, and within your expiration grace period, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-296-0664 to discuss your options. National Certification officially expired as of December 31st, 2016.
Please Note: NCBTMB Approved Provider courses submitted for Board Renewal must be pre-approved. To check the approval status of an AP course for Board Renewal purposes, utilize the “Find An Approved CE Provider” app. If a course is approved, it will be listed within the app under the appropriate AP number/name. If the course is not listed, please contact us at email@example.com or check with the AP for clarification prior to submitting the course for Board Renewal.
Requirements to renew your Board Certification:
24-hours of Continuing Education from NCBTMB Approved Providers
- 3 hours must be in Ethics
- 3 hours must be in Research
- Note: No more than 4 hours will be accepted in Self-Care (not a requirement)
- NCBTMB approved scientific, anatomy, physiology, kinesiology, and business courses are also acceptable (read more)
- 100-hours of professional, documented hands-on experience
- Pass a criminal background check (performed by NCBTMB)
- Agree to uphold NCBTMB's Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Agree to oppose Human Trafficking
Cost to renew your Board Certification:
- $85 application and renewal fee
- $25 background check fee (performed by NCBTMB)
To renew online:
Login using your username and password on the NCBTMB website.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not remember your username and password.
- Once logged in, click “Complete a Form” under “Forms & Applications.”
- Click the “Board Certification Renewal Application.”
- Complete all information and submit.