NCBTMB Announces Billie Shea as Government Relations Liaison
Oakbrook Terrace, IL (December 3, 2013) –NCBTMB announced today that Billie Shea, BCMT, will become its Government Relations Liaison. In this role, Billie will represent and advocate on NCB’s behalf to the state boards regarding licensure within the massage therapy profession, and in particular, the importance of NCB’s licensure exams to be recognized by the states.
“We’re thrilled we found someone with such an amazing set of qualifications—perfect for this role,” says Steve Kirin, CEO of NCB.
Billie’s unique set of qualifications include:
- 14 years working as a massage therapist, (and 15 years prior to that working in corporate human relations and finance)
- A successful business owner in the massage therapy profession
- An impressive history in her state of Nevada representing the profession at various state levels
- Appointment by the Governor of Nevada to head up the newly formed Nevada State Board of Massage Therapists
- Service on the NSBMT for 8 years, including many as Chair of the Board
- Delegate to the Federation of State Massage Therapy boards and later as director for a period of 2 years ending in 2012.
“NCB is an important organization within our profession—ensuring schools, students and therapists have a choice of licensure exams, as well as providing a higher credential for those who strive for it,” says Billie. “They’re also the key organization setting the bar for schools and CE providers, helping to elevate our profession and providing the rest of us a measuring stick to make informed decisions. I’m excited and pleased to be part of this team. “
The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) is an independent, private, nonprofit organization founded in 1992. The mission of NCBTMB is to define and advance the highest standards in the massage therapy and bodywork. In support of this mission, NCBTMB serves the profession through Board Certification, Approved Providers, Assigned Schools and entry level State Licensure Exams.