Value of Board Certification
For practitioners of massage and bodywork, there are many powerful benefits of board certification through NCBTMB. Our board certification program represents the highest credential in the massage profession and communicates your commitment to safe, ethical practice and excellence.
As the massage therapy profession becomes increasingly popular, board certification also provides practitioners with a competitive edge that helps them stand out from the crowd. Our board certificants gain visibility and credibility within the field among both colleagues and potential employers.
Benefits of Board Certification for Therapists
The value of certification can have many benefits to the profession through:
- Recognition by a third party
- Increased credibility
- Enhanced professional reputation
- Personal accomplishment
- Supporting continued professional development through commitment to lifelong learning
- Demonstrating a high level of commitment to the field of practice
- Demonstrating a higher level of knowledge and skill
- Increased opportunities for career advancement and/or increased earnings
- Validation of skills and knowledge
Benefits of Board Certification for Employers
Whether a practitioner is seeking to establish their own personal practice or wishes to join an existing establishment, board certification helps reassure new clients and employers of the practitioner’s commitment and competency. Board certification also establishes practitioners as healthcare providers on par with other professionals requiring board certification. Benefits employers might receive through higher board certified practitioners:
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Increased safety
- Increased competence level of employees
- Ongoing enhancement of knowledge and skills
- Increased confidence in employees abilities
NCBTMB Board certification gives practitioners the added benefit of a listing on NCBTMB’s Find a Board Certified Therapist practitioner locator service, which is used by thousands of professionals and consumers each month to find qualified professionals in their area.