Career Management System:
Need help logging in?
You are here
Value of Certification
For practitioners of massage and bodywork, there are many powerful benefits of certification through NCBTMB. Our certification program represents the highest credential in the massage profession and communicates your commitment to safe, ethical practice and excellence.
As the field becomes increasingly popular, certification also provides practitioners with a competitive edge that helps them stand out from the crowd. Our certificants gain visibility and credibility within the field among both colleagues and potential employers.
Benefits of Certification for Therapists
The value of certification can have many benefits to the profession through:
- Recognition by a third party
- Increased credibility
- Enhanced professional reputation
- Personal accomplishment
- Supporting continued professional development through commitment to lifelong learning
- Demonstrating a high level of commitment to the field of practice
- Demonstrating a higher level of knowledge and skill
- Increased opportunities for career advancement and/or increased earnings
- Validation of skills and knowledge
Benefits of Certification for Employers
Whether a practitioner is seeking to establish their own personal practice or wishes to join an existing establishment, certification helps reassure new clients and employers of the practitioner’s commitment and competency. Certification also establishes practitioners as healthcare providers on par with other professionals requiring certification. Benefits employers might receive through higher certified practitioners:
- Improved customer satisfaction
- Increased safety
- Increased competence level of employees
- Ongoing enhancement of knowledge and skills
- Increased confidence in employees abilities
NCBTMB certification gives practitioners the added benefit of a listing on NCBTMB’s Find a Certified Therapist practitioner locator service, which is used by thousands of professionals and consumers each month to find qualified professionals in their area.