Career Management System:
Need help logging in?
You are here
National Certification (Retired after Dec. 31, 2012)
The requirements to transition are as follows:
- 750 Hours of total education. This would be your Massage Therapy Program hours added to the continuing education you have completed since you became certified.
- 250 hours of hands on work experience. The work experience can be used since the time you became certified.
- Maintain a CPR Certification.
Once you have transitioned and become Board Certified you will need to follow the Board Certification Recertification requirements.
- Pass a thorough national background check
Maintain a current CPR certification
- Hours for CPR training may not be counted toward your 24 hours of Continuing Education required for recertification
- Re-affirm commitment to the NCBTMB Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Re-affirm commitment to the NCBTMB Anti-Trafficking Pledge
- Complete 100 hours of documented hands-on experience
Complete 24 hours of Continuing Education classes:
- 3 hours of the 24 hours must be in research
- No more than 4 hours of the 24 hours may be in self-care
- No more than 4 hours of the 24 hours may be in courses less than 2 credits
- Ethics courses are no longer required as part of the 24 hours
Hands-on Experience Opportunities
- Massage Therapy and/or Bodywork (all types, includes Energy work)
- Teaching/Teaching Assistant
- Curriculum Development
Board Approved Continuing Education Providers