NCBTMB Board Application
Now Accepting Applications!
NCBTMB is seeking two (2) dedicated Board Certified Practitioners (BCTMB) and one (1) Public Member to join our Certification Board.
This year, the NCBTMB Certification Board is seeking to fill two (2) Board Certified Practitioner Member positions and one (1) Public Member position. As member of our Board, you will join an elite group of proven leaders working to further define and advance the highest standards in the massage therapy and bodywork profession. One Practitioner position is a two (2) year term, and one is a three (3) year term; the term of the Public Member is two (2) years. All terms begin with the Board’s annual meeting in March 2018.
To be considered for a NCBTMB Certification Board Practitioner Member position, you must:
- Be currently NCBTMB Board Certified and maintain your certification throughout the term
- Have a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in therapeutic massage and/or bodywork
To be considered for a NCBTMB Certification Board Public Member position, you may not:
- Be a Certificant holding the Board Certification credential
- Be a practitioner of therapeutic massage and/or bodywork within three (3) years of election
- Have any material financial interest in the field of therapeutic massage and/or bodywork
To be considered for any position on the NCBTMB Certification Board, you must:
- Agree to abide by NCBTMB's Conflict of Interest Policy and Code of Conduct for Volunteers
- Not hold a national level of office in another competing massage/bodywork professional or trade organization
- Commit to the time and travel necessary to be a fully participating member of the Board, including attendance at meetings and serving as a liaison to committees
- Agree to a 30-minute interview with a member of the Slate Selection Commission
- Email your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017 @ 5pm CT
What will you do? The Certification Board is responsible for all aspects of Board Certification, including developing certification criteria and examinations, evaluating candidates for certification, and maintaining the integrity of the certification process. The Certification Board ensures that NCBTMB maintains its status as an accredited certifying body within the massage therapy profession.
How often will you participate? As a highly engaged member, you will be required to participate in monthly Board meetings, up to three of which may be in-person (expenses covered by NCBTMB). The estimated weekly contribution is between 5-10 hours.
Interested in applying? Please complete the Candidate Application by clicking the “Download My Application” button below. Return your completed application to email@example.com by November 30, 2017 @ 5:00pm CT. Additionally, you must be available for a 30-minute phone interview between the date of your submitted application and January 15, 2018. A member of the Slate Selection Commission will contact you to organize the exact date and time of your phone interview upon review of your application.
Please note: Only completed applications received by 5:00pm CT on Thursday, November 30, 2017 will be processed.
For specific questions, please contact 1-800-296-0664 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to your applications!